Hitting the trails and living life with 4 kiddos and a Hubby

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

What are the differences between the SHOULDS and the COULDS in this coming year? I should do that and I should do this. But the word should is chalk full of guilt. The word could is more relaxed and less demanding.

I want this new year to be less guilt driven and do more acts out of compassion and love than because I SHOULD. In stead of "I should make a meal for this new mom." I want to say "I could make a meal for this new mom...hmmm I'll see."

Feeling guilty when you've done something wrong is a correct feeling but when guilt is felt because of other's or you own demands is an awful way to live.

So I'm going to work on this. I am going to try to hand out less guilt trips and examine the guilt trips that I have been handed more clearly. It's a more freeing way to be.

Happy Year! 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment