Hitting the trails and living life with 4 kiddos and a Hubby

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kenny's Climb

Pictures don't do justice, anyone who 4 wheels knows this. Kenny's Climb for a novice like me is a thrill (one of only a few in Fins N Things). I'm at the base watching Pete with one of my daughters start to climb. He slows to a stop and has to put the front lockers on. The back lockers weren't enough! Then he slowing makes ground and at the top turns and disappears. Now it's my turn. YEEK! I take a deep breath then I put my right foot on the skinny pedal. I start to climb. All I see is blue sky and my hood! As I crown the top I spot Pete waving me on. I felt soo good knowing I conquered it. I didn't allow myself to chicken out. I didn't beg my knight in shining armor to save the day to do it for me. I DID IT! I did it all myself. But on the down side my custom drive shaft now makes a knocking noise. Oh well.

Here's Pete


No comments:

Post a Comment